What Services are Provided?
At Free Spirit Hospice, our team develops a specific care plan tailored to each patient’s individual needs for pain management and symptom control. Our care team includes:
• The patient’s personal physician
• Hospice physician (or medical director)
• Registered Nurses who have additional training in pain and symptom management
• Certified Home Health Aides
• Social workers
• Clergy or other counselors
• Trained volunteers
• Speech, physical, and occupational therapists, if needed.
With a tailored plan in place, our hospice care team then manages:
• Patient’s medical care with a focus on pain and symptom control.
• Access to a member of your hospice team 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
• Patient’s emotional, psychological and spiritual aspects of dying.
• Medical supplies, equipment and medications related to the hospice diagnosis.
• Assists the family on how to care for the patient.
• Counseling and social support to help you and your family with psychological, emotional, and spiritual issues.
• Guidance with the difficult, but normal, issues of life completion and closure.
• Delivers special services like speech and physical therapy as needed.
• Volunteer support, such as preparing meals, shopping, reading, or just visiting for support.
• A break (respite care) for caregivers, family, and others who regularly care for you. When pain or symptoms become too difficult to manage at home, or the caregiver needs respite time, we assist in making short-term inpatient care.
• Bereavement care and counseling to family and friends for loved ones.